Wednesday, December 5, 2007

massive procrastination vs massive procreation

Now that learning two point ooooh! has finished i'm trying to get my life back. It's not working!!! I'm trying to create a nancy pearl template in zoho sheet where i add books i've read recently and which 'door' people might be attracted to them by. It's coming slowly.

I'm also downloading like crazy through del.icio.us which is yummy. I really like the idea of tags which allow you describe a website with many subject areas instead of just putting it into a folder, which seems so old fashioned nowadays! It's easier and quicker to search del.icio.us too.

I'm also playing with ning and comparing it to facebook and myspace. I've also done some dirt moving on digg which is a site where you can submit links to pages you like and you think others will find useful. A submission can be 'digged' or 'buried' - digg to like and bury to dislike. This then promotes or demotes the page from popularity. The browsing functions are ok but could be more intuitive. It's fun but I'm not sure how useful for libraries apart from discovering things you would never search for such as orangutan stories

No comments: