Sunday, December 2, 2007

#19 web 2.0 awards

Some people out there are very creative/bored and have a lot of time on their hands. I celebrate them!

I was a bit excited by Yelp but it's only about the US. I think I might also have to use Cocktail Builder one of these hot days! You can enter the kind of alcohol you want to use and it brings up a list of cocktails you can make along with the extra ingredients you need. I'd better get to work on those!

I played the Guess the google image game but it's too easy and you'll get bored quickly. The free wiki sites such as wetpaint and PB might be interesting and need further exploring. I played with 43 things where you add things you want to do win life - and it feels more like one billion things but it's cute. Listdump is for the true obsessive where you make lists of things and share them with others, you can also add things to other people's lists. I also have a Lastfm account which I find quite interesting. You search for a musician or band and it returns with other bands/artists you might also like. It's a bit hit and miss as the retrieval tool is based on what other people have listened to and enjoyed. It steps outside the regular genre demarcations and links artists in a completely different way. Beware though - it's a bandwidth hog!

No comments: