Sunday, December 2, 2007

#21 (pod)casting my net into the world of audio

I wanted to find some book reviews of the books I have read recently but had a lot of trouble finding some. It might be because I use Firefox web browser at home but a lot of the podcasts I found from Podcast.net did not work and the search engine on the website doesn't seem very powerful. I also found the categories to browse by lacking in intuition and rationality.

However, this could be great addition to our new library 2.0 - people could add their own book reviews, we could post podcasts that give people general information about the library or help them navigate their way through the databases or library catalogue. Some people relate better to sound while others prefer to read. With podcasts you can casts the net wide and catch them both.

No comments: