Sunday, December 2, 2007

#18 Woohoo for Zoho!

No more G drive!
And here's my chance to play with a wiki. The only problem I am having is that is it quite slow. Things look similar to Microsoft packages so I guess it's fairly easy to move between different applications. I also created a wiki but it feels a bit clunky and I'm not sure what I'm doing.

I think that these applications are great for resource sharing against distance. Its' very similar to our G drive except that it could be accessible from places via internet not the network. Which means it is accessible from home - handy if you have forgotten which shift you are on! Things are changing so rapidly that I feel as we will need to be importing/transferring documents more often to the new packages that want to use and leave behind the old (microsoft) ones that become outdated. I think we are going to spend a lot more time in front of the computer moving things around - I hope we still have time to actually do some work and play.

I'm in the process of creating some word documents of chutney recipes for some friends of mine that get to together and make huge batches of things - it's really hard to keep a track of who's bringing what through email.

The cheesecake recipes below were added from Zoho.

No comments: