Monday, November 26, 2007

#6 and #10 mashing image generators




I decided to co-blog these as they are so similar.
I"m on a rock star, didn't you know? I play a mean avocado!
Information retrieval by colour is a fantastic idea Colr Pickr or Osokope visual search or retrievr where you need to draw what you want to find. The borrowers that ask for a book only knowing that the cover is blue this is for them! Imagine if we intergrate this into our OPAC - not sure if Spydus is quite at this stage yet. Browsing through the Visual Search Labs could be helpful for that project where you're not quite sure what you need. I love some of the ways that disparate images are connected only through their colour

The library could use photos taken from an event and load them on flickr and then mash them up to help describe the event or people who attended.

I created a librarian's trading card as an interesting social networking exercise and I am hoping to use this to connect with other librarians online - imagine what could happen! It's good to know I'm in such good-looking company!

LOLcats mashups - I can't think of a serious use for this except serious procrastination! i can't get enough.

I"m afraid this didn't excite me all that much but I did make really cool stars with Snowflaking - but I can't load them here - but check it...it's cool, like a snowflake. I did try and break the application though. I get bored easily and so I thought I should test out the application to see where the faults lie. Yep, horrible I know. But you can make ugly stars that look like they've been stepped on.

I"m on the front cover of rolling stone magazine this month - I'm splicing an avocado not playing a guitar.

No comments: