Saturday, June 28, 2008

#41 LiveMocha

LiveMocha is great! I can now say 'I'm a short fat man' in Japanese. I'm sure that will come in handy one day. I'm not sure about the social element - seems like a bit too much pressure to me. I chose Japanese which is hard to learn the characters and pronunciation and grammar! I suppose if you were serious you could get a lot out of it. It's a shame that you can't move through the language cards apart from sequentially and you have to follow the set course. But it's a fun way to learn a language!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Livemocha is a great site..I checked it out about a month ago and really liked it. I have found a little more success and a little less pressure on www.edufire.com. Another great site for language learning and they have some great free tools like flashcards, podcasts, videos and one-on-one video tutoring to name a few.

If interested let me know and I can set you up with a free tutoring session.

Good luck with your language learning!

Stephanie

stephanie@edurev.com

Jimmy Gambier said...

Now Stephanie, isn't your review and comparison of Livemocha a tad biased since you in fact work for Edufire?

Flogger,

Happy to hear you enjoyed our site. If you feel comfortable trying to to interact with our community, you would see they are extremely helpful and pressure free! As a member of the product management team at Livemocha, please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions or comments.